Uroplakin III is present in the urothelial surface membrane of human renal pelvis, ureter, bladder and urethra. Uroplakin III [BC17] demonstrated a higher sensitivity compared with [AU1] on urothelial transitional cell carcinomas, in in-house studies. [BC17] staining was negative in all normal and neoplastic tissues except for bladder; hence it is highly specific to uroepithelial tumors and may be a useful tool in the discrimination of bladder, renal and prostate cancers. Loss of Uroplakin III expression in bladder cancers has been associated with higher grade, muscle-invasive cancer and lymphovascular invasion. Uroplakin III [BC17] may be used in a panel of antibodies including GATA3, p63 and S100P. PATENT PENDING.
DATASHEETS & SDS
1. Matsumoto K, et al. Loss expression of uroplakin III is associated with clinicopathologic features of aggressive bladder cancer. Urology. 2008 Aug; 72(2):444-9.
2. Koga F, et al. Impaired p63 expression associates with poor prognosis and uroplakin III expression in invasive urothelial carcinoma of the bladder. Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Nov 15; 9(15):5437-41.
3. Brown HM, et al. Uroplakin-III to distinguish primary vulvar Paget disease from Paget disease secondary to urothelial carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2002 May; 33 (5):545-8.
4. Riedel I, et al. Brenner tumors but not transitional cell carcinomas of the ovary show urothelial differentiation: immunohistochemical staining of urothelial markers, including cytokeratins and uroplakins. Virchows Arch. 2001 Feb; 438(2):181-91.
5. Moll R, et al. Uroplakin III, a specific membrane protein of urothelial umbrella cells, as a histological markers for metastatic transitional cell carcinomas. Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol. 1993; 77:260-5.
6. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
7. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Protection of Laboratory workers from occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved guideline-Third Edition CLSI document M29-A3 Wayne, PA 2005.