The mouse monoclonal antibody p40 [BC28] recognizes an epitope unique to the p40 protein and may have applications in cases where p63 has traditionally been used. p63 [4A4] recognizes both the p63 and p40 proteins. As a result, p63 suffers from specificity limitations due to reactivity in a subset of lung adenocarcinomas (ADC). In contrast, p40 is selectively expressed in lung Squamous cell carcinoma (SqCC), offering an opportunity for improved specificity. p40 antibody (M) [BC28] recognizes an epitope unique to p40, which may result in diminished reactivity in lung ADC and increased specificity. Studies have supported routine use of p40 as an alternative for p63. In contrast to the rabbit polyclonal p40, p40 [BC28] does not stain macrophages.
|Download Oncore Protocol|
1. Bishop JA, Teruya-Feldstein J, Westra WH, Pelosi G, Travis WD, Rekhtman N. Mod Pathol. 2012 Mar;25(3):405-15.
2. Nonaka D. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012 Jun;36(6):895-9.
3. Pelosi G, Fabbri A, Bianchi F, Maisonneuve P, Rossi G, Barbareschi M, Graziano P, Cavazza A, Rekhtman N, Pastorino U, Scanagatta P, Papotti M. J Thorac Oncol. 2012 Feb;7(2):281-90.
4. Brown AF, Sirohi D, Fukuoka J, Cagle P, Policarpio-Nicolas M, Tacha D, Jagirdar J. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013 Jan 4.
5. Karni-Schmidt O, Castillo-Martin M, Shen TH, Gladoun N, Domingo-Domenech J, Sanchez-Carbayo M, Li Y, Lowe S, Prives C, Cordon-Cardo C. Am J Pathol. 2011 Mar;178(3):1350-60.
6. Signoretti S, Waltregny D, Dilks J, Isaac B, Lin D, Garraway L, Yang A, Montironi R, McKeon F, Loda M. Am J Pathol. 2000 Dec;157(6):1769-75.
7. Barbareschi M, Pecciarini L, Cangi MG, Macrì E, Rizzo A, Viale G, Doglioni C. Am J Surg Pathol. 2001 Aug;25(8):1054-60.
8. Hibi K, Trink B, Patturajan M, Westra WH, Caballero OL, Hill DE, Ratovitski EA, Jen J, Sidransky D. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2000 May 9;97(10):5462-7.
9. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
10. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Protection of Laboratory workers from occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved guideline-Third Edition CLSI document M29-A3 Wayne, PA 2005.