CDX2 antibody is a homeobox gene that encodes an intestine-specific transcription factor. It is expressed in the nuclei of epithelial cells of the intestine, from duodenum to rectum. Studies have shown that CDX2 is a sensitive marker for colonic carcinoma metastatic to the ovary and is more specific than CK20 as it is not expressed by serous and endometrioid carcinomas. CDX2 is also expressed in mucinous ovarian carcinomas but not expressed in normal gastric mucosa. CDX2 was reported to be advantageous over CK20 for distinguishing primary ovarian tumors from metastases of upper gastrointestinal tract origin.
|Download Oncore Protocol|
1. Werling RW, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 2003 Mar; 27(3):303-10.
2. Barbareschi M, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 2003 Feb; 27(2):141-9.
3. Kim MJ. Korean Med Sci. 2005 Aug; 20(4):643-8.
4. Vang R, et al. Mod Pathol. 2006 Nov; 19(11):1421-8.
5. Raspollini ME, et al. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2004 Jun; 12(2):127-31.
6. Groisman GM, Meir A, Sabo E. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2004 Jan; 23(1):52-7.